Ohio State Football Post game Notes –
No. 1 Ohio State 38, Hawai’i 0 – Saturday, Sept. 12, 2015
Ohio Stadium, Columbus, Ohio – Attendance: 107,145
• The attendance of 107,145 marked the fourth-largest crowd in Ohio Stadium history.
• The win extends Ohio State’s win streak to 15 games, the longest active streak in the nation.
• Ohio State has scored at least three TDs in a nation’s-best 31-consecutive games. Baylor is next with 17.
• Urban Meyer improves to 144-26 in his career and maintains the highest winning percentage (.847) among active coaches.
• Meyer is 52-5 in his career in games played in August and September.
• Ohio State is 113-9-4 all-time in home openers and has won 36 of its last 37 home openers.
• Ohio State did not throw a touchdown pass for the first time in 25 games, ending the school record tying streak of 24 games in a row with a touchdown (first set by the 1994-96 teams).
• Cardale Jones improved to 5-0 as a starter in his career.
• Ezekiel Elliott tallied three touchdown runs against the Rainbow Warriors and now has 24 for his career. It was his second game with three or more rushing touchdowns (four in 2015 National Championship Game vs. Oregon). Elliott has recorded two or more rushing touchdowns in five of his last six games.
• The 101 yards by Elliott represent the seventh-consecutive game and his 12th overall with at least 100 yards.
• Bri’onte Dunn recorded his third career rushing touchdown and first since his freshman year against Illinois on Nov. 3, 2012.
• Ohio State’s rushing game has produced a touchdown in 25 consecutive games and in 42 of 43 games coached by Urban Meyer.
• Ohio State recorded the fifth shutout under Urban Meyer with the 38-0 win over Hawai’i. The Buckeyes blanked Kent State (66-0) and Wisconsin (59-0) in 2014 and Florida A&M (76-0) and Purdue (56-0) in 2013.
• The Buckeyes held Hawai’i to less than 100 yards both rushing (80) and passing (85). Last year, the Buckeyes held Kent State to just 47 yards rushing and 79 yards passing, the last time an opponent failed to reach 100 yards in both categories.
• Gareon Conley’s second-quarter interception marked the first of his career. He also finished with a career-high two pass breakups.
• Darron Lee finished the day with four tackles, including two sacks which matches a career high.
• Vonn Bell’s second-quarter interception was his first of the season and eighth of his career. In the fourth quarter he scooped up his second career fumble recovery, scampering 14 yards for his first career touchdown. Bell also had a career-high three pass breakups in the win.
• Jack Willoughby connected on his first career field goal in a Buckeye uniform, a 20-yarder in the third quarter.
• The game was the first between Ohio State and Hawai’i. The Buckeyes are 9-1 all-time vs. current members of the Mountain West.
• Ohio State had moment of silence pregame in memory of former band director Dr. Jon Woods and baseball pitcher Zach Farmer.