TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. – Structural engineers monitoring the I-65 northbound bridge over Wildcat Creek since it reopened on Wednesday noticed movement in the same vertical riverbank pier and ordered the bridge closed. Engineers continue to assess, and more information about repairs and an estimated reopening time are not immediately available.
I-65 northbound merges to one lane and is diverted onto U.S. 52 at Exit 141 north of Lebanon. Follow U.S. 52 north for nearly 17 miles, then turn left at State Road 28. Follow S.R. 28 west for about 10 miles, then turn right onto U.S. 231. Follow U.S. 231 north for about 33 miles until it intersects I-65 again in White County.
INDOT and law enforcement staff are helping to direct traffic where S.R. 28 turns north onto U.S. 231 at Romney. In addition, INDOT traffic engineers are monitoring traffic flow at U.S. 231 signals and adjusting timing patterns.
There are several ways that drivers can stay updated on the closure:
- Follow INDOT on Twitter at www.twitter.com/INDOT_WCentral or www.twitter.com/TrafficWise
- Follow INDOT on Facebook at www.facebook.com/
INDOTWestCentral or www.facebook.com/ IndianaDepartmentofTransportat ion
- Dial 511 from your mobile phone or 800-261-ROAD (7623)
- Watch for dynamic message boards on interstates leading to I-65 northbound
- On the web, visit http://indot.carsprogram.org or http://pws.trafficwise.org
- Turn on the red-yellow-green traffic feature on your mobile map app of choice