Several great games this week end across the region despite torrential rains. The soggy conditions didn’t stop Perry Central’s Jayden Neace, the State leader in rushing yards with an astounding 870 yards and 14 touchdowns. Breathitt played a tough Floyd Central team right down to the wire and Powell County suffered their first loss under Coach Kincaid. Here is a recap of each game.
(As of press time most teams had not submitted their stats)
- Floyd Central 28 @ Breathitt 22 (View Article Here)
- Corbin traveled to Pulaski County and came away with a 47 – 20 win. Corbin has played 3 tough games to start the season and sit at 3-0.
- Magoffin got their first win with a 41-0 win over East Ridge
- Hazard traveled to Letcher Central and came away with a 43-14 win behind 3 touchdown passes from QB Bailey Blair. RB Skylar Pelfrey also had 3 rushing touchdowns. (View Article Here)
- Johnson Central defeated Henry Clay 33-21
- Williamsburg defeated Leslie County 40-30
- Perry Central traveled to Knott Central and broke open a 13-12 halftime score for a 34-12 win behind State rushing leader, Jayden Neace. (View Article Here)
- Morgan defeated Jenkins 44-0 behind QB Adkins 3 touchdown passes and 3 more rushing touchdowns.
- Powell traveled to Bath County and took on their first loss of the season by the score of 40-13. Top ten rusher in the State, Nathan Skidmore was held to 18 carries for 98 yards and a touchdown. Skidmore now has 571 yards on 72 carries for 5 touchdowns.
- Estill County was off this week