Men’s Basketball Postgame Notes
UC 93, Grand Valley State 63
Nov. 3, 2015
Cincinnati, Ohio – Fifth Third Arena
Tonight’s Attendance: 4,404
At The Half: UC held a 47-20 lead after knocking down 10 three-pointers in the first half. Caupain (11), Cobb (10) and Jacob Evans III (10) all found double figures. Clark grabbed seven of the Bearcats 16 rebounds. Seventeen of UC’s 47 points came off turnovers.
Leaders: Thomas (18 points, 7-7 FT); Cobb (15 pts., 3-4 three pointers); Clark (10 rebounds, 3 blocks).
// TEAM NOTES
– UC has won its last 39 preseason exhibition contests, dating to Nov. 18, 1995.
– UC is 19-0 in exhibition games under 10th-year Head Coach Mick Cronin
– UC had 22 assists on 28 made baskets.
– UC scored 25 points off 17 GVSU turnovers.
– UC converted nine offensive rebounds into 16 second-chance points.
– Fourteen of UC’s points came on the fast break.
– The Bearcats were 28-of-52 (.538) from the floor, 15-of-27 (.556) from behind the three-point line and 22-of-29 (.759) from the charity stripe.
// INDIVIDUAL NOTES
– Newcomers Jacob Evans III, Justin Jenifer and Tre Scott saw their first action for UC.
– Shaq Thomas led five Bearcats in double digits with 18 points. Thomas was 5-of-9 from the field and 7-of-7 from the free-throw line with six assists and a rebound.
– Farad Cobb knocked down three triples, was 4-of-4 from the free-throw line, scored 15 points and grabbed two steals.
– Kevin Johnson came off the bench to drain three triples, finishing with 13 points.
– Troy Caupain and Jacob Evans III each poured in 12 on the night. Caupain hit three triples and dished out six assists while Evans was 4-of-4 from the free-throw line with two rebounds.
– Gary Clark grabbed a game-high 10 rebounds and blocked three shots in 18 minutes of action.
– Octavius Ellis had five points, six rebounds, four assists, a blocked shot and a steal.
Next Up: UC will play its second and final exhibition game against Bellarmine on Saturday, Nov. 7 at noon ET inside Fifth Third Arena. The game will stream free of charge through Bearcats TV on GoBEARCATS.com. The Bearcats open the regular season on Friday, Nov. 13 against Western Carolina at 7 p.m. in Fifth Third Arena.